Sunday, 18 September 2005

declaration part three

Notes on Random - not initiative - Evangelism (from 07/09/05:) 03h48)

#1 I won't be a student forever. Surely I can bear this for two years and then support CCC from the outside while planting a movement at ESA.

#2 Saying, "I'm not cut out for it," is like saying, "God cannot use me in this way." (Exodus 4:14-7)

#3 Pick a day and think/pray about it -seriously- to figure out what your ideal sitch would be. Surveys or specific questions are not cop-outs. Do what you do to [p]reach the Gospezillio. (I have had this concept in my head that straight-up randoms are the most elite - most bare - form of evangelism and should, accordingly, always be the ultimate goal. Other kinds, the "sugar-coated" versions (surveys, etc.) are mere stepping stones toward random evangelism. Implicit in this concept is the idea that random evangelism is the best way. Or that bare random evangelism is the best kind of random evangelism. Not true.) Whatever gets you into a conversation is what's right. Being uncomfortable is not an indication that I'm doing it "right" (in God's will). Some people randomly evangelize delightedly. Some smile in obedience and find joy there. My excitement should come from having occasion to spread the Good Word; not in the type of venue I do that.

Scenario one: type I enjoy
I may start more readily and be more eager to prolong and expand the instance
Implication: I will find excellence in how God made me for this type

Scenario two: type I do not enjoy
I will take a moment to steel myself; I will trip and falter here & there feeling out of place; I will not extend the ordeal longer than its designated duration
Implication: I will find excellence in how God will use me beyond my ability (Acts 4:13)

#4 I should set a schedule for a commitment to random evangelism. Do not be legalistic or too lax. This is not about you.

#5 Do not work hard at learning to evangelize ("witness," even!) so that you can tell the story. Let your actions do that.

#6 Find Biblical bases for all of this. (later added)

#7 I am not alone in this. God is doing the work AND I have many team members.

No comments: