This quotation I found in PREMIERE magazine from December 2004/January 2005 seems to relate to what I was saying earlier today about this film.
[From an interview by Jason Matloff with director James L. Brooks]
You also explore the positive relationship between father and his children, something rearely examined in movies.
I wanted to do a movie about an American man who didn't ahve to learn that his kids are important and that he's being a jerk.
Cool! This man thinks outside his own box! I love it. I love people who look at society critically and come up with something good. It's even better when they don't panic or become cynical.
8.7/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
were you there when we had female bonding time over Spanglish in montreal up in Andrew's room (ummm he was not included in the bonding)? That was when I first saw the movie. Can't say I enjoyed it as much as you did...lol cause I think adam sandler's wife was really annoying.
Yes, I did certainly also find her behavior annoying at times. Although the prevailing feeling was that I felt sorry for her. Man she was just killing herself.
I am more than a little sad that I missed the bonding session, I'm not gonna lie. Maybe we can do something like in O-town this August.
P.S. was it as cool as the girly time at Winter Conference in the basement (I forget the posh-hotel name for it)?
when's a new entry coming???
Bexth, it's not that kind of blog. I write like I speak: when I have something to say. This aint no update-of-my-life kind of system, sorry. (I do have one thing I want to say though, about camp..it's gonna be gr8.) (That's grade eight, not "great".)
i know it's not like that...i just like reading your thoughts. i get antsy if nothing is happening in my life, and i like to live vicariously/thought-provokingly through you.
Post a Comment