Sunday, 12 November 2006

frum my good friend John Dore:

At the end of September I saw John Dore on Comedy Now! and I knew it was going to be great even before his set aired. Dore used to be a sort of co-host with Ben Mulroney on Canadian Idol and I absolutely loved his stuff on there, though it was just silly snipits between segments. He, honestly, is one of them unappreciated types. It's almost like he's too funny that people aren't willing to meet him halfway. (It's like trying to win at the board game Sorry! when you continuously over-roll.)
Anyways, here are my champ quotes:

"My mother used to swear all the time - she's that kind of woman, that's how she dealt with her problems. [pause] I'm telling you - if the washer and dryer had self-esteem they would have committed suicide by now."

"I used to play cowboys and Indians when I was a kid but I can't call it that now [beat]: it's not politically correct. [pause] And that's OK, I'm fine with that. [pause] I can call it cowpeople and Indians..."

No comments: