Thursday, 15 February 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!!

This post is dedicated to Silas (because he told me to do it!).

I like this quote of his - "Give me your head." (Imagine it said in a lean-in whisper at an inappropriate time.)


Silas, since you said you read this, I will write something directly to you. The term "piss you off" is not exactly the one I meant to use. If no one read my blog I would still write (I might write much more) but if someone does start reading, I expect to get feedback (in whatever way) because with two involved in speech, we have the creation of a conversation. Basically what I am trying to say is that, if you totally disagree with me on something or think I am very much off-base, TELL ME. That goes for pretty much anyone who reads this. I can't learn unless people challenge me.. and I love being challenged. So, bring it on(-izzle).

12 comments:

Silas said...

yeah i'll definitely comment more often then. it seems that reading blogs can be quick, but responding to them is another thing.

I think too often we make serious things too serious so I feel like I need to inject my random humour in because in all honesty, most things aren't THAT serious.

Jesskah said...

I'm not gonna lie and say I understood all of what you just said, namely the last part. I think I am inclined to agree although I hope your hidden message is that you think my blog is too serious. I suppose I wouldn't change it if you did..
Also, I don't think a thing needs to be serious to solicit a response. In fact, life would suck if it did!

(do you recall the quotation?)

Anonymous said...

TWOONIE

monica said...

how come your valentine's day post had nothing to do with valentine's day?? It didn't sound like a loving post o'.'o

Couldn't make it out for Dan R.'s b-day:( I had a mid-term this Friday.. it was Friday wasn't it? Hahahaa... he's coming to Ottawa so I'll see him then. We still must bond at some point in time:(

Silas said...

actually i was thinking more that life is too serious, so i inject more humour in it.

Jesskah said...

Monica - you mean you and I need to bond some time? I fully agree.
I met this girl here on project whose name is Joy, she goes to UBC (she's from Singapore) and she reminds me most PRECISELY of you. It's uncanny! Her face and stance and facial expressions and even her laugh (mostly) ... it's crazy. I'll try to procure a picture of her, just to show you.

To answer your first question, I titled the post as such because Silas said I could. I was trying to make it awkward, the post's title but he's like, "Sure!" so I just went with it.

Jesskah said...

Hm.. I understand completely. And that makes a smile to me.

Beth said...

I agree, Joy and Monica are similar. But there's another student at UBC (named Monica) who is also like Monica (at Carleton).

Hey Jesskah, how's your life these days?

Jokes.

Jesskah said...

that is fsick, yo. Fish, you are a maniac. We playing Euchs tonight?

Beth said...

way to fall asleep and not do euchs with me. want to play on the train tomorrow?

also, you should come to a pub to watch some footie and have a pint in the evening.

Jesskah said...

on the train?
on the train to wheres?
are you somehow under the impression that my team is going to Glasgow tomorrow (even though we CLEARLY went today, meaning you CLEARLY have no idea what's going on)?

Beth said...

i was hopeful. i forgot. i still like you. i had fun in glasgow. did you have fun in edinburgh?

i am going to bed now. see you in the morns.