Saturday, 28 July 2007

"The Simpsons Movie" (2007)

Well, I don't remember the last time I was this excited to see a film. Not the second and the third installments of LOTR, not the same of Pirates of the Carribbean, not the new Jim Carrey movies (after 1997, Liar, Liar, thereabouts).. nothing. I was so very excited about thsi film from the first time I saw previews for it which I estimate to have been first aired late last year. They were just little teasy clips but man, ... I was in. What I keep telling people is that this film has been so long in the waiting (the Simpos are 15 years old, I think) that it's worth watching if only for that, if only for the fact that it's finally here. At the last minute I started having the fears that I may have set myself up for disappointment so I tried to lower the expectations. Fortunately for me, they were met and surpassed.... I'm impressed. The only qualm Imight have is that they tried too hard in some parts but other than that it's all good.

Good quote:
"Sir, I do believe you're mad with power."
"Of course I am! Have you ever tried being mad without power? It's boring and no one listens to you."

10/10

1 comment:

Beth said...

sounds like you are spending your summer in the movie theatre :) i like your reviews though. it's helping me to select movies to add to my to-watch list.