the receptionist at the Guelph Canadian Blood Services office was excited about my trip to Scotland
when I chirped, "I'm gonna be a missionary," as an answer to the WHY, she wasn't fazed at all. she did take a second to think of how it seemed like an uncommon mission field... but she was still OK with it.
I enjoyed her enthusiasm. I toyed with the idea of asking if she watned to join my team...it sounded odd. but when I left I handed her a note with my email address saying that I would love to send her updates if she wnted them.
I contemplated asking for her email address but I didn't want to put her on the spot that much, in case her enthusiasm was like that bed-and-breakfast woman in Groundhog Day (1993) who asked a weatherman about the weather. (He gave a detailed run-down and she stared blankly.) I handed her the paper, she said, "Oh great, Great, GREAT," getting progressively more pleased as she realized what she was looking at.
WOW. I tried so many times to put that piece of paper away and just walk out like a normal person. But I thought I should go for broke. (What's the worst that could happen?) It feels good to be bold sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment