Tuesday, 16 September 2008

well that officially settles it...

..I'm a useless human being. I know this as I realize I have never seen The Phantom of the Opera, on stage, on film; I have never listened to the entire score (or more than the most famous..two songs) and really, I don't even know what it's about. There's a disfigured guy who lives in a...something place with organs...and a girl...and there is probably some seduction and creepering going on but that's it.
I think I just long time ago decided I didn't care for the story...now I wonder why.
I just watched Sarah Brightman (is she British? she must be..) and Antonio Banderas sing that title song. I had no idea that Banderas man could sing. He's not stellar but he did well. Also, I had no idea his accent was so thick. I like it. I like him. He's cool. My brother once called him "Ontario Bandanas" by accident. That's what my family sometimes calls him.

I suppose now I must resolve to um... not hate The Phantom and perhaps seek out an acquaintanceship. Done.

.."Music of the Night". That's the other one. I just saw Will Ferrell sing it. I'm a little disturbed.

1 comment:

Joshua Gordon said...

Jess, you're funny. You remind me of why I miss you.

Likin' the blog, ps.

Josh