rather, where is the balance between discipline and mercy?
(I wanna say more on that subject but I really wish it could speak for itself.)
I feel ridiculously good right now...feeling the endorphins rushing around..it's good. I think it's good...it actually might be terrible but it feels good right now. I hope God approves of it... I should ask Him.
---
Something I've been wondering about:
Three or four years ago a few friends and I were setting up my house for a big partay to come through. One of the things we were serving was a bunch o' chocolates with different fillings and one of my friends has a peanut allergy. My other friend, his girlfriend, ate a few and discovered that there were nuts inside. She told her bf not to eat those and then he suggested that she not eat them either, in a rather stern way. (This friend, he doesn't mince his words. When he's serious, he's serious.) She didn't exactly protest but they had a few other words and a few strained looks and it was weird for me to observe. He didn't have to say WHY he preferred she didn't eat, it was fairly obvious but still produced a small slice of awkwardness.
I'm not sure what I would do in that situation.
Honestly? For the way it went down, I'd be very inclined to NOT avoid those chocolates but I really don't think it's good to eat something my significant other is allergic to in order to spite them.
Why do I still feel so indignant? I'm not talking exclusively about anaphlaxis here, either. I'm talking about things I'm asked to not do by my sig-fig that are not a problem at ALL to me but are a BIG PROBLEM to them. I wonder how I'll react. It's all love and deference and submission, isn't it? Yeah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment