Monday, 15 December 2008

"Ink Heart" (2008)

I liked it!
I think I was set up but I liked it.

I was already going to like something with Brendan Fraser in it - no doubt. But I also had the advantage of not reading the book and not remembering the brief description my friend who HAD read it gave to me.

I do love mystical films...I was pretty well sucked into that little world. I like that it was very kid-friendly (or family-friendly?) but also pretty intense. The story woven was very entertaining and sweet. I liked it. It had almost no cheese whatsoever.

And now I have decided that I think Paul Bettany is a good actor. (I did have some problems with one of his scenes....but other than that it was a cool and compelling character.) I don't think I've seen him in anything but A Knight's Tale (2001) or Andy Serkis in the Lord of the Rings trilogy but this film made me appreciate them more a little more more.
I think it makes a bad review when all my sentences start with "I". Just wanted to make sure I remembered I liked the flick. That's all.

[EST]

No comments: