Tuesday, 17 March 2009

St Patrick the heretic

Oh, Saint Patrick and your lying ways...how did you get so famous?

I mostly regret all the research I did this afternoon & last night on this guy. For action group the assigned topic was "What Can we Learn from St. Patrick?". I tried; I really tried...but the man's a heretic so...I don't know what else to say.

I settled upon showing the Trinity through the shamrock...he was purported to have done that. I dunno if he did but it was good enough for me. Can't fault the trinity.

I was interested to know that green was not the color originally associated with him. It was some kinda blue - one that, I think, is called St. Patrick's blue. It's almost teal...or like the color of the Skype logo.

When I was listening about how he's intertwined with Irish pride, especially Irish-American pride, I started to wonder where the drinking came in cuz they were talking religion and piety and all that. Then I was informed that "March 17th falls within Lent..." so they took it as a reprieve from their teetotalling. haha... sickitating. Talk about a pendulum swing...

Anyways, let's all thank St Patrick for the fact that I heard drunk people on the street just a moment ago...that's 4 in the afternoon. Woo!

[EST]

No comments: