Galtians 5
- It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. (1a)
- don't make the Sacrifice and the new life a waste (1b, 2)
- you will be hung by the covenant you choose to live under (3); we cannot have our hands in two cookie jars (4)
- But by faith we eagerly await through the Spirit the righteousness for which we hope." (5)
Look at me being all selfish & lazy thinking that the pursuit of righteousness is my choice - something optional even. Look at me forgetting that my unrighteousness takes away from Christ's glory. Oh... that I would change. I am so tired and this is really hard. It's a never ending battle. Test me and know.
- the covenant (either one) does not save you and has no value (6a); however there is value in faith and accompanying deeds (6b)
- You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? (7)
This one pegged me mercilessly and I don't have many words for it.
- That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. (8)
This directly speaks to my previous confession, "I feel like You've abandoned me to this stage." Who moved?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment