When I first saw the ads for this way back I thougth the originality was going to be something quite compelling. Then after seeing too many ads when it was being released to rent I thought it was going to be too predictable/run-of-the-mill and just not DO enough to convince me it was worth my time.
Then I caved partly because of a funny one-liner I heard in it which gave me a better taste for the style, partly because I think it's on the road to the Oscars and partly because I do really want to see how the animate food falling from the sky. For some reason that last item was QUITE compelling.
Anyways, I liked it mucho. It was interesting and compelling just in the way I hoped it would be. I was engrossed. I loved the voice talents AND loved that I didn't recognize four of the voice credits that I should have known. (I like that this is more like acting than celebrity cameo gig.)
The creativity blew me away and the idiosyncrasies of the main character were adorable and hilarious. I`d call it a sweet film. Sweet and interesting and actually challenging in a way which animation is just murdering these days, especially the folks over at Pixar.
8.5/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment