I'd heard before about the generosity of Tim Hortons employees when doling out Timbits late at night ..but I'd never experienced it.
I don't buy Timbits that often (last time I did must have been clear two years ago...) and if I'm at Tims late at night it's usually with another person and we're usually there just because it's open late so we buy drinks as a sort of courtesy.
I wasn't watching as he filled the box cos I never liked being watched while I prepared people's food. But then when he seemed to be taking longer than I might predict and when I saw how big the box was and how heavy it felt, I started to get susp. And as I thanked him and he wished me a good night, I regretted not paying more attention so that, if he had given me more than I paid for, I could thank him for THAT. (I didn't know!)
I just opened the box now and hahah WOW it's full. Some axon was weakly connected to all the optical illusion puzzles I'd ever been fooled by and said I should actually count in case it's actually 20 and I don't know how to do visual estimation.
I think there are three sort of rows in there and counting all that I could see (i.e. on the top layer), there's 21. So...he over-stocked me.
I suppose it's in their favor to get rid of baked goods they can't serve six hours later AND to make customers feel like they somehow "beat the system" or however we feel when we get free stuff. BOOYA!
Maybe can't count..and he's trying to cover his butt. That would be funny & sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
mm timbits. I wish I was with you. Although I'm usually asleep that late.. were they still tasty that late? I'm always curious.
I hate when I'm disappointed with baked goods not tasting fresh. Williams is bad for that. And sometimes Tim Hortons is bad for that iwht their bagels. Anyway... curious minds want to know.. did they taste good and fresh?
You know, they were surprizingly good. It's kinda hard to say because there are some flavors that I never eat so I wouldn't know which ones I dislike because of the flavor or potentially subpar freshness. But all in all, considering it was like the last batch of the day, pretty dang good.
Better would be getting some of them choco chip cookies fresh baked. Those things are amazing. But they bake them at like 4am so I'm not sure if I'll ever get to partake. One day you and me can have an escapade.
Post a Comment