Today I heard about a youth pastor at another church who had been arrested for sexually assaulting three girls. My heart lurched and my head was in my hands. A few moments later we deduced the "assault" was rape and couldn't find a way to disappear/make the world go away while I processed/didn't process the information.
Also today I overheard a stranger talking about how his foster son had called Children's Aid on him x number of years ago because of how he'd treated the son's siblings....Then he says, "so I took him out to the barn out back and beat the shit out of him. [laughs] Taught him a lesson." I think at that point, I wanted to vomit.
And finally I heard the "Benevolent Fund" at my church referred to as the "poor people's fund" in the same way you might hear "retard" or "fag" slip out while someone searches for the appropriate "PC" term. I shrunk immediately. On any day I would probably take exception to the wording but today was actually the day I was going to apply for help to the Benevolent Fund so... I don't know.
There must be more than this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment