Saturday, 20 November 2010

the ephiphany I had to go all the way to Kitchener to find.

This is an excerpt from a letter I penned this afternoon.

"I realized that the fact that I'm looking for work doesn't mean I (necessarily) failed at something. I realized that the job hunt "mode" or season can be good for exactly what it is and not for what comes at the end of that season (i.e. the job). In this place, God can teach and show me some unique things that I can't see or learn when I work full-time. Do you feel me on this? it was some kind of profound epiphany for me. It makes me feel less guilty & depressed about the whole thing AND shows me a new kind of discipline. It's somehow easier to commit to diligently looking for work with wisdom, sincere effort and integrity when I consider that it's OK - or even good - to be at this point right now. I must believe God will give me a job in good time and that I have my responsibilities to fulfill in the mean time. (Geez, I got half a mind to keep this letter 'stead of sending it to you because I need to remember this stuff I'm writing!)"

1 comment:

Heather said...

thought in heather's head: didn't realize others could understand and appreciate my disappreciation and disunderstandingness about job searching.