Monday, 7 February 2011

on the topic of men

It started with me cringing at the prospect and then cringing through the reality of being the damsel in distress I never wanted to be (the woman who can't fix a car problem and is aided by men). It's not that I don't like getting help when I need it it's that I am frustrated that women (or men?) don't teach women these things but men teach men. There's some corrupt form of dependency in there somewhere, I'm sure. I guess I'm also frustrated by those few women who choose not to learn because they assume a man will always come along to help them. Meh. Maybe I'm missing something.

And then somewhere in the evening, while watching the Supabowl, I managed to tell one male friend he was good-looking and another that I "keep forgetting how funny [he is]". First one was more matter-of-fact but second one just kinda slipped out and sounded a bit like I was swooning. Um, gross.

This is why I can't take me out anywhere.

No comments: