That said, I did just leave an eight-day lapse between posts so....who knows what anything means anymore?
Late start (awesome - it's been a while) and then went to explore a nearby city. The train station itself blew me away. It was intricate, compelling, gorgeous. I didn't realize til I alighted the train that I was in a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood. If I'd had no knowledge of my travel details and you told me I was in Mexico, I'd have believed you. Wow. Culture.

I was disappointed that it was not a LARGE city because I was hoping to see a bunch of things all in one area. I wasn't planning to have to sleuth things out or walk twenty, thirty minutes to downtown. (It wouldn't have bothered me normally but I walked an hour to the train station that morning and an hour the day before. And it was very hot and windless. Just tiring is all.)
Alas, after I adjusted my mindset to the situation, it was super fun. :) Just an interesting some place else to wander about in. And I like listening to Spanish (even though it drove my brain into French). It was a good lazy Sunday.
I et a burrito that forced me to say I've never had a tortilla until just then. I mean THAT is what they're supposed to taste like. Sumptuous.
Intimidated like I'd walked into someone else's family reunion, I went to the theatre after lunch. (I had hoped I'd get to go to the big screen during this trip. I'm sure some would ask why, since there are theatres where I live. It's only cos I love movies so much and watching them somewhere new IS extra fun for me. And it relaxes & energizes me like much.) Killer Elite (2011) was very good.
Really good. I would like to watch it again (and once again). Did not know it was based on true events...and I very much want to know the back story.
Stopped in a grocery mart because why not? and bought two weird things I'd never seen before. One was a white chocolate Kit Kat.

On my first day I also discovered coconut M&Ms and Taco-flavored Doritos (with package design circa 1992!). Yumderful. [How I haven't used that word before I don't know.]

Went back to the hotel earlier than planned because I was beat and the little city was shutting down. My roommate and I watched a bunch of tele and seemed to both be experiencing that point in a trip when the adrenaline had faded.
It was good. I enjoyed both my Saturday and Sunday nights that I could spend with someone who likes TV as much as I do (more than average) was on their phone intermittently, as I was, and talked as much as I did (not much at all!). Totes chill.
No comments:
Post a Comment