Do you know how I can tell?
-I didn't set my alarm last night
-when I went to sleep at midnight
-I naturally woke up at 7.48 and went back to sleep
-drifted into consciousness around 10.30 and was jolted awake by a 10.45 reminder buzzer
-then I just lay in bed daydreaming and brainstorming
-wondering what I was going to do first (shower / eat / plan my day)
-it was just after 12 when I sprung from the mattress toward the kitchen.
Green pepper-mushroom-cheddar omelet, toast, grapes and tea...... yes. Yes. Weekend breakfasts are clutch. During the week I now just eat at work because the kids are having breakfast anyways and it means I can leave 10 minutes later. It's even better because I'm usually not hungry within the first half hour of being awake.
Just before I was out of bed, I was thinking about the upcoming Christmas season. I don't know what brought it to mind but I started getting a little bit excited about it. I'm excited for the same reason I've been excited the past few years: I will probably be on my own so my closeness and my relationship with Christ is going to get a HUGE boost. On top of this, our pastor recently pointed out that if the highlight of the season for you is not the Incarnation then you really don't get it. I'm planning to get all swept up in it. I'm not going to fabricate emotions or gush, but I'm going to focus and I'm going to ask the HS to show me and keep showing me.
Last week we were rehearsing "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee" and at a point I got annoyed with some of the arrangement. I say a lot of silly things at our Wednesday rehearsals and I do need to work on filtering better, especially because I am in a position of authority. Because I just couldn't get the chord progression to fit in my hands, I exclaimed, "what were you thinking, Beethoven?!" and immediately felt as though I had blasphemed. We don't question the greats!
In the next moment I realised that Ludwig von Beethoven was just a man and while he was obscenely brilliant he wasn't perfect. I don't think I have any real criticism for him, especially for his Ninth Symphony but I enjoyed the freedom of the moment.
There's more to say on this topic but I'm too distracted for life. I'll have to revisit some time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment