Wednesday, 12 June 2013

I guess so.

[begun Monday afternoon, completed late Wednesday]

The boys are both chilling out watching X Games Barcelona and eating Red Delicious apples so...sitting with a laptop and knowing I'll be working a little late this evening, I say, "I guess so," to the prospect of blogging.  (By this point, completing these installments is now an exercise in writing discipline, not expression or processing.)


After lunch I hopped in the car and headed to the grocery store on the next block. I picked up three items because tonight was going to be an easy dinner.  I like making them something special because I can, because I'm like the aunt or grandparent who has the greater capacity than the parent to do specialler thing because we still get to go home, but today was just too much for me and I needed to go for the sure thing.  Fish, chips and corn?  Done.  They were actually Tater Tots.  Don't judge me.

I dropped the food off in the fam's freezer then headed home.  I wasn't expecting to see my housemate there, in the middle of the day, but the Holy Spirit was expecting it, as evidenced by our timely chat.

I changed my clothes and then decided to practice the solo song again, since we have an electric piano in the living room and I don't know if my audience would be smaller than one when I got back to the church building that evening.


It clicked.



Thank You, Jesus; it clicked. I started playing at the end of the conversation with my housemate. I was sat at the keyboard as we talked and, under pressure from the tick of the clock, I gently told her I needed to practice a bit. (She knew I couldn't stay.)

The song, somehow, was the prayer-answer to the unspoken question(s) of our conversation. It fit as a response, not as a perfect reply but as a sigh of trust.

I was able to sing it with an internal connection for the first time. It clicked and all the technical stuff accompanied.

BIG sigh of relief. This could officially be set on the back burner. I played through two more times and smoothed over the trickiest bits until I was sure I had it in hand.

I packed up and disappeared, glad for the adrenaline boost because I could feel my nap time dwindling as we passed 1pm.


Next I headed to campus. But right now I'm headed to bedmus. (So close to being done before another Thursday is upon me! Sigh.)

No comments: