Thursday, 15 October 2015

this is my gross heart.


"Whoa--free dinner!" I exclaimed. My sensitive nose had alerted me to it from a few yards away. And it smelled like just my type of cuisine.

 
I nipped over to get a closer look. Yup. It was a free, abandoned meal. And still hot! I did just eat but this was too good to pass up. And I was kinda hungry again. I was so excited it felt like my tail was wagging.

 
A final once-over and then I tucked in. It went down easy. It tasted pretty good. I licked my lips in satisfaction and headed off. 

 

Before long (out of nowhere!) my stomach tightened up in a sordid but slightly familiar way. Did I fall or something recently, and bruise my ribs? Did I go too hard with my morning exercise and now my abs are sore? I just scored a lovely free meal and now this mystery gut pain ruins it. I don't get it!


---


As a dog returns to its vomit,
   so a fool repeats their folly.
                               (Proverbs 26:11)


 

No comments: