Friday, 17 November 2006

From Philippians 2:8-9

"And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death -- even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name."

--These are notes cribbed from my most recent one-on-one time. I've chopped up Philippians on a mirror and inhaled it once or twice so when I come to it I feel a real struggle in trying to see something new. It's hard not to read in old patterns. The girl that I am discipling and I are taking a leisurely stroll through this book so here I be, getting a head start.

[What I hadn't planned to say was how interesting I find it that humbling one's self in the context of verse 8 is equivalent to accepting sin or becoming Sin. I also notice that anything LESS than being pure God is a humbling of Him. No casing can hold His glory which means He made a great sacrifice just to be here.]

Therefore means that becoming the ABSOLUTE LOWEST won Jesus the title of the ALL-TIME HIGHEST (for eva-eva).
This is a good piece of insight to reference when discoursing with somone who thinks they've hit rock bottom; someone who thinks you or He doesn't know what it's like. (He's been there, done that, bought the captives.)


Thanks be to God for new ways to read old hats.

3 comments:

monica said...

Jess!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you are having an insightful time discipling at school:)

I've slowed down blogstalking people; but I browsed through your past few entries and I think it's funny that your comment box explodes when you display pictures of food! Hahahaha...I think I remember the pancakes. They were light and fluffy and tasted very nutritious:)

Jesskah said...

It's all true, Monica; it's all true. Excepting, of course the "nutritious part". If you care about your body/arteries, don't ever watch me pour oil for pancakes. :|

Beth said...

i like this entry, but i must admit, if i make it through a week without a new post on your blog...i start getting the shakes, feeling unable to concentrate, extreme sweatiness: classic symptoms of withdrawal.