I remember the moment I said to myself that I needed to record them and probably blog about them...I remember the subsequent moment where I liked the idea of that change of pace from my last few entries...but now I don't remember all of what I wanted to say. It's rolling around in my head somewhere...it's just in so many pieces that I'm not sure what's what.
---wrote that bit yesterday...now I have more to say and much of it has slipped out of my head as well. I'm trying to track with Scotland Reading Week Project but it's not working so well.
At least I know I wanted to say I thank God for how provisionally (real meaning, not Christianesey distraction) He orchestrated our project teams. I thank Him for my co-leader (best option out of the bunch, I daresay), for the size of my team and my team peeps.
I'm worried that my intimidation won't wear off fast enough but Jesus Says Relax so I guess that takes care of that.
My co-leader is the one (next to one of my STInt team members, who I automatically would not have been partnered with) person on staff with RW project who makes me laugh the most.
(God knows I need to laugh. He actually knows it and I actually need it. So, thanks, Jesus.)
He also has a good compliment to my "leadership" (I am not a very good leader) style and is chill enough in a non-lazy way that I feel calm, confident and not guilty working with him.
Here is my favorite part: when I realized he was from O-town I decided to be rivalrous. I made some rude remarks, threw in the eye-roll and sigh of utter contempt for the city's existance. He picked up the script. "Oh, you're from Toronto, then?" (I usually comment on Ottawa in a way that indicates beyond ANY shadow of ANY doubt which arrogant city I hail from. It's.... a spiritual gift.)
[brief pause]
At the same time that I whip my head around in mock-horror and say, "Wait -- you're not a Sens fan, are you?"
he says, with an expression of restrained nausea, "Does that mean you like Leafs?"
We both turn away with a mildly dramatic grumble, "Awwww," straight from the diaphragm - ooh, haven't spelled that word in a while...hope I spelled it correctly. Diaphragm.
I deeply enjoyed that moment. We had an understanding.
I need to go to bed.
YIPE.
[EST]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you get to work with the henrizzle? fun times
Ummm...not Henry? Henry.... from Carleton Henry? He's a Habs fan which is...even worse.
Post a Comment