I remembered the other reason that I thought I was unclean was that when I ran into my housemate on the street (she was going home and I was going out) at around 22h50 she asked where I was going. I said, "To Scotmid [convenience-ish store]! Where else would I be going at 11pm??" She says, "I dunno -- you're a hoodlum!"
Aaaand it fits. I mean, I don't mean that I'm actually a HOOD in the sense that I theif things from people or am part of a gang or whatever BUT I do find things to do when most of the folk I know are in bed. It's...yeah, it's kinda weird. I don't mind but, does Jesus?
Things That Are Awesome
The guy who did the voice for Eeyore all dem years also did the voice for Optimus Prime all these years.
Things I Would Like an Expert Opinion On
Is it so bad for an actor to be typecast?
We like to make fun of the Keanu Reeves, Sly Stallone, Hugh Grant types...but what about Barry Pepper or even Chris Cooper, sometimes? (There should be more on that list but they're not coming to mind at present.)
Is it so bad, if you're excellent in just one way, to keep on doing it? I guess there are different things to take into account...like whether the actor WANTS these parts and deliberately searches and auditions for them, whether the actor's agent tells them to keep on in that one direction (for money or for exposure) or whether it just kinda happens. The fourth option must be that I think they're being typecast where in reality I've only SEEN them in their typecast roles.
I'd be interested to know what actors, producers and critics think about this.
[EST]
--- I memembered someone else I would like to put on the typecast-in-not-such-a-bad-way list: Mark Wahlberg. Yes.
26.02.09 12h40 EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment