Tuesday, 21 July 2009

today's the day I stop hatin' on Shrek

I'm about to watch the Third (2007) one now and I didn't realize...I watched the other two this week. I didn't realize they were so good.

I've been stigmatized & staying away becase my younger sibs loved the first one so much that they watched the crap out of it.... I got very tired of seeing certain scenes too many times and other schenes not more than once. I have too much of the music memorized for my liking.

But this experience has helped me love Mike Myers' stuff more. I got a little sick of him when Goldmember (2002) was around - and it's still crazy-popular with some - but I like this guy. I like him very, very much. I...yes. I'm going to pursue some of his works I've not seen now. (It was largely the bonus features that made me get back on the boat.)

I like the soundtrack. (I'm appreciating it more now when I have subtitles on and they tell you track names and artists.)

Eddie Murphy annoys me a little but he's still got a warm place in my heart.
Larry King, man...he might have the record for being in the most films of any human being... it's unreal. And I wish I had recognized him in the sequel before the credits told me. Haha.


I didn't know where else to keep this so here's a quote from a recent IM conversation with my sister. [I really like Rupert Everett, so much more now that I'm watching this.]


"Christine told me that her cat, Emily, is getting larger... so they call her 'Fatso the Catso'
I told her when Eli is particularly kitteny, we call him 'Eli the Feli'... like Feline...
When he is bad, we call him Kevin.
For reals."

No comments: