I have been collecting these items for a while, some on paper, some in my head and I'm afraid I've really lost all the ones in my head. I hope I can make a good collection out of this.
1) Monday: first time I went to a tailor. I found a pair of trousers that were just doing it but they were too loose at the hips. All my What Not to Wear training came back to me and I was reminded that very few people can wear clothes "off the rack" and that tailoring is a fantastic secret weapon. Oh boy, am I am happy with the decision and the finished product. $8.40 aint bad neither.
2) Tuesday: first time I heard a host on Entertainment Television say of a recently engaged celebrity couple, "it's the first marriage for both of them." [I really do want to be clear that I do not watch this show on my own time, but that the tele was on in a customer's house while I was working and half-listening.] I couldn't believe it. In a certain way I consider it similar to a prenup. It just makes me sad, is all.
3) Saturday: first time I wore a tank-top in public. (I was going to be sunning for several hours inside a car so I thought I should give my upper arms a chance to tan so I could stop looking like a farmer.)
4) Saturday: first time I lost my appetite because of what I saw during a baseball game. The Yankees scored eleven runs in one inning, loading the bases twice. It's those slim odds that you never expect to come up. The Yankees have a tendency to be merciless when they're given room. I involuntarily gasped sharply when the left fielder (who I have yelled about before, needing to stay at shortstop and leave LF to Lewis, Lind & Snider) cowered from a fly ball that should have ended the inning but allowed three runs to come in on the triple.
It was horrifying. I understand that the sun was bright and in his eyes but the sun was bright the whole game and in other fielders' eyes and THAT'SPARTOFBASEBALLGETSOMESUNGLASSES. I couldn't believe it. Wasn't even shielding with this glove...it was so routine...so easy. I daresay I could have made that catch.
5) Saturday: first time I ever drove a two-door.
6) Saturday: first time I drove to Windsor on my own. It turned out to be a pseudo-road-trip which was thoroughly enjoyable. (I must say "psuedo" cos I'm pretty sure legit road trips are undertaken with friends.) I stocked up on CDs - taking nineteen discs and making it through twelve - packed some meals and got on the road about fifteen minutes sooner than I thought I would. Total mileage upon return of the rental: 828km.
7) Saturday: first time I ever changed clothes in a car -- and I did it twice!
8) Saturday: first time attending a Catholic wedding.
9) Saturday: first time I cried while driving. Strange experience..and made me appreciate what the MTO has put in their handbook about not driving when you're upset. I like to think people can control their emotions and to a large extent we can but...why take chances?
10) Sunday: first time a sibling spoke frankly and open-heart-ly to me about their significant other. I struggled to suppress my shock, for the first few minutes and then did my best to listen hard. It was an experience.
11) I love my family.
(Barbeque on Sunday...which had all eight sibs together for the first time since Christmas.)
12) Sunday: first swim of the summer. :) :)
I'm sure there's more but I'm blanking at the mo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment