If it weren't for Romans 8, I'd pin a red "A" on my shirt. If the Truth weren't truly true in this universe I should wear an A with shame, be condemned and die.
I should go to the gallows. I feel like I can feel the coarse, bristly noose at my neck already. It's all closing in.
And here I find myself grateful! I feel grateful to God for holding up the mirror; for pushing my nose into the soiled carpet; for giving a painfully stark revelation of my sin. What's more, He lovingly showed me who I would rather be.
I am heartbroken over my blindness and closed ears. It is a wonder anyone stays in relationship or fellowship with Christ for any significant amount of time. Who will rescue me from this body of death?
It must be more His steadfastness than anything.
Thanks be to God -- through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment