Tuesday, 2 September 2008

"American Psycho" (2000)

This film has me absolutely fascinated.


I'm interested in what the director's ideas were on visual stuff.



I'm also wondering how Christian Bale got to be such an amazing actor. He is so much better with comedy than I expected...


Hmmm and this main character here, Patrick Bateman, he is very quirky. I'd like to call him complex but I'm not sure he is. Er maybe that's too simple or too easy a diagnosis.


The thing with the business cards is absolutely bizarre but extremely funny in a sort of special currency/microcosm kind of way.


His plastic businessman smile is great for how plastic and slimy it is and how it works in the business context.

He's a surprizingly bad liar under pressure. He has a lot of sex for someone who doesn't enjoy it.


I have heard that serial killers are typically very neat and meticulous. He is very neat and meticulous. His appartment is quite white and sterile. His utensil drawer has each item spaced about and inch and a half from the next, as if it's in a museum display not there for proper usage.


His facial expressions are unbelieveably telling nad unbelieveably layered. He said (as the narrator) that he only had two discernable emotions, disgust and anger.



I'm seeing a different side of prostitution in this...

No comments: