Thursday, 16 July 2009

Finally, a good good book that I like.

I don't even want to title it or explain cos I feel like I'd lose something. Weird and superstitish.

Now I'm thinking of Icabod Crane. (Great name.)
I had fun tonight, hangin out with my friend, talking about heavy stuff and light stuff; drinking beer, eating pizza & Timbits; playing Sequence and Cribbage.
It was good...challenging on many levels but good.

I think I'm ready to be myself again. Yes, I would very much like for this to happen.

OK, new season! I'm ready for you to usher yourself in now...! Come on...here boy....[whistle, whistle]

When I stop thinking about it, I look to the right first before I cross the street. Then I get a pang of something like homesickness.
I think I had a really good idea today but I'm still not sure.
Haha that sounds silly. How can I say it's both really good and something I'm unsure about? Makes sense to me. I think it's good right now but as I flesh it out I might find this is the wrong time.


In the stairwell in the Edinburgh Writer's Museum, there's a plaque which comments on the varying heights of the steps.
It says that the case was often built with uneven steps so that intruders would make themselves known by stumbling up the uneven pattern. I think this is brilliant. Low-tech home protection. I mean, really it only "protects" you as far as they take off after making a loud crash or as you are ready & able to bodily defend yourself. I still like it.
I also love how it works because our brain can adapt to the unevens and actually compensate. This is fascinatrix to me. I wonder if living with you own unevens makes it hard to deal with uniforms or someone else's unevens. I had assumed that your brain labels that step formula "home" and then all other ones fall under "Smiths" or "Public" or "Other".


I have a weird glitch in my brain that has managed to make "museum" and "art gallery" interchangable in my head. Like... I can say the one I don't mean and not notice it until someone asks or points it out. I probably have gotten away with it more times than I realize because those two things can come up in the same context often enough. Part of me wants to separate them because it's just bad housekeeping. But part of me wants to leave it because it's SO WEIRD. Like when I don't see the words or think too deeply about it, I really can't separate the meaning or figure which one refers to which. Odd, odd, odd.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

my parents got the game sequence... i'm excited to play it. just thought you should know.