Last night I was at the Passion concert at the Exhibition Place in Toronto. It was awesome for many reasons. Reasons (1) through (7) are all God. Reason (8) is the people, the Christian fellowship, reason (9) is the music, reason (10) is the musical brilliance, reasons (11) through (15) are also God and reason (16) is a mini Project reunion of ten people.
I did not take any notes so I feel like I do not know what I heard or learned last night. I remember that I was struck by Mr Giglio's words as these: "Shame is over with." He said the same goes for guilt and condemnation, citing Romans 8. Wow. I know that all the time and I remember it every now and then but to hear it so bluntly and so confidently is a new experience.
I vaguely remembered last night that I love music and would like to pursue a career in it, though in a different way than playing packed stadiums.
I was very surprized and impressed by the fact that the concert comprised prayer and teaching that was Biblical and exhilirating (the good kind). I was not open to much of it for a while and knew that I needed to get right soon. It was relieveing to be around several thousand students who are excited about the Good News and know that it cannot stay in Toronto and to know that we were not at a Campus Crusade for Christ event. Sure, it was students who wanted to claim their campuses for Christ but they did not need an organization so-named to go for it. I love this and it re-affirmed my perspective on CCC. It is still an organization (a good one) but not the be-all end-all. [Sorry, grammar freaks: I do not know how to punctuate that phrase.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment