Thursday, 15 December 2005

I had an epiphany:

If we are all created in the image of God - all reflections of some facet of Him - then how can we compete with one another? How can one part of God be better than another?


[sister posts: 25/01/05:), 29/03/05:)]

2 comments:

Jesskah said...

"Little Billy has a terminal disease and he has one request for you."
"He wants me to hit one out of the park?"
"He wants you to hit EIGHT out of the park."
"Is that even possible?"
"He's DYING, Stephen."

Jesskah said...

I hope you watched Monday's episode! If you did, you will recognize this quote. In case you didn't I will tell you that Colbert's guest was an author man who was trying to discuss his book ("The Scorpion's Gate") that is an allegory about war, the US, etc., all that stuff that people - especially Americans - take seriously...

[author]: "There are four or five people who each have pieces of a secret puzzle (figuratively speaking) and so they come together and they could or could not share those pieces with each other: I can’t tell you either way because that’s part of the story..."
Colbert: "So it sounds like a children’s book."