Friday, 23 December 2005

Thursday, 22 December, 2005:)

What's to-day's revelation? Why I am simply too eager to tell you!

While walking west along Evans Avenue past Islington Avenue, I realized that good things are not God. Similarly, things that God has commanded, things that the Bible says are good, things that are for other people - noble endeavors for sure are not God. Only He is who He says He is. (The application? Only He should be focused on, nothing else.)

This meant much to me during my trek because I am overwhelmed and distracted (perhaps with a sprinkling of Confused) these days and it was nice to promenade for an hour or so in the cold, listening to good music and a good God. I felt slightly cleansed but, moreover, I see now how unclean I actually was. In the words of Kanye West, "I did dirt and went to church to get my hands scrubbed." I .. you know what kind of thing I am talking about. Basic neglect, I guess; or apathy. Ahh, yes. There is nothing quite like simplicity. I do miss church a little bit, too.

No comments: