Say that with as much annoying pep as possible.
Here is one highlight from my weekend that actually occured on Monday but I was still not back in Guelph so I count it part of the fin de semaine.
My brother woke up around 11 after being very well rested and the pitch of his voice shocked and entertained me by how low it was. My brother's voice is normally low and everyone's voice is lower when they awake because their vocal chords are relaxed. This was absolutely disgustable. Usually, he sings an octave below what I sing and I am already on the lower side of the alto range. If I knew how, I'd add to this post an excerpt from "La Serva e Padrona" by Pergolesi to show you the lowest note I've ever heard someone sing - an Eb on the first ledger line below the bass clef. On Monday morning, my very own brother sang the C below that. I was absolutely disgusted. I was also a bit frustrated (and slightly surprized at this) because when I experience music, I file it away for many reasons and one of them is for utility. I am very aware of how I steal from other musicians. When I hear someone sing or play in a way that makes me go "shibby!" then I think, what can I write/arrange for this person? With a voice like my brother's it would be a shame to not have a showcase for it. He seems to think that he cannot sing well and thus does not try very hard and gives up easily, probably more so when my sister and I are around. As far as I can tell, there's no way he was skipped by the music gene he just needs a dose of confidence and coaching.
It's over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment