Saturday, 22 April 2006

more underbrush

[Editor's note: I should have pulled this out long ago. I should have just published it; gotten it over with. I'm trying to fix my milestone placements... this will "help" a bit.]

from an email...

"She uis actually pretty interesting because she is an Ameican missionary who came to QC and depression hit her up north in Chicoutimi.. she says that she was just NOT fittting in with the french.. to the anglophones who are reading this, if you have not felt any cultural differences yet in QC than you cannot say that you really immersed here.They are real, just as much as if you go anywhere. I hope to go have a coffee with that lady to hear more about that. I have a heart to reconcile the two cultures and languages but ignoring differences, in my opinion is not a real solution. Let us not turn a blind eye to cultural differences and frustrations like they were doing in their so-called mulitcultural non-racist eduaction in the 50's. Any thoughts on that anyone?"


....much to think about.

No comments: