Saturday, 2 September 2006

Dear Jerry Seinfeld,
I think I owe you an apology. I have seen your show maybe half a dozen times, I see your stand-up comedy clips in between and I'm not going to lie to you: I didn't think you were that funny. The worst part of this whole ordeal is that the main source that I based my opinion on was not even a primary one. One [friend] of mine told me of her disgust at your show, that she didn't like your whiney voice and the way that you spun entire episodes off stupid, mundane things. (No soup for you is really not that funny - can I just go on the record as saying that?) I have been absurdly biased and you know what? that's not cool.
I probably won't be watching the show any time soon because I still don't find it raucously hilarious but I'll stop hatin on it, I can promise you that.
Here's the thing: I watched I'm Telling You for the Last Time this weekend and I need to give props where props are due. You are funny. You have great comedic timing. You are a good comedic actor. You know how to play an audience, you rehearse well, you choose your words carefully. I am impressed by your performance. It's nice to see that you work so hard even when you've made it so big. That is the time when we are most tempted to coast but you seem to know that you need to go hard always (to stay on top, not just out of pity or because people remember your great achievements of the past). This attitude also reflects - I think - a genuine love for what you're doing and a genuine ambition to better yourself only for your own sake. Am I wrong? Have I diagnosed falsely?
Well done; I tip my cap, sir.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jess,
"I am tell you for the last time" is a movie or sit com?

i forgot to give u a jap word in my last e-mail...so..here you go

o ha yo~~!
(just pronounce as it is)
it means good morning!

take care!

Jesskah said...

aw, sweet! I lyke iiit! (like Stephanie) o ha yo.. (it's like Ohio)

We watched it as a DVD and it's footage of a live performance, just him on a big stage. It's kinda like that Robin Williams DVD "Live on Broadway".. if you've ever seeen that..
good times

Anonymous said...

hey..yea..ohayo does sound like Ohio!!HAHA!! i didn't notice that before!