I can't believe I actually asked my (female) friend if a boy was "nice" tonight. Hahah... she was talking to him and.. well.. I guess I was ... not... talking........ and after he left I asked. I can be so highschool it's not even funny except that it is.
Last night from Colbert:"The pen is mightier than the sword [beat] if that pen is shot out of a gun."
I am going to sleep my FACE off tonight, it's not even funny. It's going to be magical, actually. I love sushi. This week, during all of this week I have been under-sleeping, malnourishing and over working the brain and the emotions. This sleep will be SWEET because I will get up when I feel like it.
I actually got the same thing last Saturday and it was glorious. I slept until 11 am (which seems early to me somehow) and I remember a distinct difference as I walked down the hall to the bathroom. I was fully rested. That is such a blessing.
Even now I sit here, a 30-minute walk from home at 01h28; I feel that slight total-body ache that we get when battling an influenza and my brain is shooting sparks and smoke from over-use. I feel great though (and I'm not actually sick so this is a DIFF'T kind of all-over ache) because I KNOW exactly how SWEET this sleep will be. That feeling I get when I relax all of my muscles as I lay on my bed (especially the back and neck) is absolutely glorious. It's almost euphoric. Generally, I try not to sit down or sit properly in the moments (or hours) leading up to bed time because more tension equals more relaxation! That is a bit sick now that I think about it.... but ... I'll do it again tonight, I promise you.
And now to spin it into a Christian allegory (can't get enuffa it!). How sweet will it be to plop unstressed, unworried onto the welcoming, familiar bed in Heaven when all our work is done? I want to push so hard on Earth that everything within me SCREAMS for terrestrial life to be over so that Heaven can be that much sweeter. Just as you cannot appreciate sleeping in without working hard most of the time, I don't know if I can appreciate the perfection and calm of the afterlife without toiling past exhaustion (suffering for a Name!) while I still can. Seriously, every time I hear about death, sickness, crying, pain, injustice, etc being done away with my emotions are stirred. It's just such a glorious promise and what makes it so great - for me - is that I can experience all of those things on Earth for 7 or 8 decades so that I truly appreciate being released from them. Imagine!... I can't put words on how I conceive of this idea; it's simply marvellous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, I guess I did admit to liking you... and I think you've just admitted something too. ha ha, you rock and I want to be just like you! ;)
That's my girl! :D
Post a Comment