Thursday, 12 October 2006

O' Canada

Oh, Canada, how amazed I am to see your uniqeness.

Is it early or do I just not pay attention to weather patterns? It snowed today. I first saw it about five minutes ago and now it's stopped.

What I love about this particular first snowfall is that I was actually excited and enchanted by it like the people who live in non-snowy countries are. There's something I never expected to have. I am jaded; I don't deny it. It made me smile smile smile.

I was leaving a lecture hall and I saw reflected in the glass doors ahead of me small, light-colored things blowing around outside. I wheeled to make sure it was only a flock of tiny leaves but I was oh-so wrong. I've never wheeled, shocked at the sight of snow. Serious.

Something else I wanted to say about Canada and I forgets it now. Someone was talking about Canadian achievements or the military or something distinctly Canadaian and I had a flush of emotion hit me like, Oh it's good to be one of these. I can't really explain that home-town (or rather home-country) but it was real. Yikes.

No comments: