Thursday, 23 November 2006

I think this question its meant to be directed at one specific person but I think I'll post it here anyways. I can ask her some other day.

Do purveyors of postmodern art want to their work to be grasped by those outside the field? Is part of the art the mystery? I believe in po-mo art all the way. If you know me long enough that fact ought to make itself abundantly clear.

I'd like to explore this question further but I fear I don't have the brain space for it.

Is it like avant garde jazz? Is part of the politics of it the fact that its proponents are both insiders and outsiders? Do you need the dividing line? I suppose that's like the need for modernism to exist beyond your post- prefix. No? Yes? hmmm Avand Garde peeps needed something to push against. I suppose they needed the Garde to be ahead of.

Such things! Bring me a like-minded equal!

1 comment: