Wednesday, 14 March 2007

the other day (the other day) I saw a bear (I saw a bear)....

This morning started off with a little weirdness. I have class from 10 until 1 (two classes of equal length) but the first time I woke up today was 11.30. I felt like a goose. I got over it. I didn't even need to preach to myself but I realized that there was no condemnation... yay!

My breakfast was two Wheatabix bales, one HUGE mother strawberry sliced and sprinklings of sugar (+ milk!) and I enjoyed it more than I could ever fathom. Man it was sweet on three different levels -
--literally, it was sweet - the strawbs were just past their peak of ripeness making them SUPER sweet & the granulated friends helped my LIFE
--sweet because it was healthyish and I KNEW it
--and sweet because it went down nice and it made my start-of-day feel good

I got some good baking done today; God has been teaching me great things and I am very slow to listen but I feel revival coming from around the corner.

A few other things I wanted to note about this day:
I got to play piano with my whole heart for about 20 minutes in the evening (well, it was just after midnight) and it was extremely delicious. It feels good. I can't... write it down.
I chose reading (a book for school, no less!) over hanging out with the emails, blogs or Face-of-the-Bookle and had few regrets and minimal struggle. (Unprecidented!)
Two friends thanked me for things that I did not expect thanks for, especially not from them. Imagine: I did these things because they were in my heart and they brought me joy. And yet to add to that - these guys decided they would out-loud pay me gratitude. Cool!
I got two good hugs...one smelled really good, too. (Yea, I said it.)
The final great mentionable of the day was chatting briefly with a classmate of a few years in class and also downtown waiting for a bussage. It's interesting to me how, with him, the tone of the conversation is dictated almost solely by yours truly. I mean it's cool to be able to consciously decide "I'm going to be comfortable and talk to you like a real friend" but it's unfortunate when I expect things to go like that but they don't because HIS default is to hold back. Hm... I like him; he's cool. He has a vast knowledge and experience library on music (and philosophy!, methinks) that I would like to tap into but generally don't spend more than 10 or 15 minutes with him outside of class. :( Boooooourns. He's funny and quick which surprizes me and OF COURSE makes me laugh. He has cool tattoos and I appreciate how he is the guy I would like to point to when I make arguments about prejudging a tattooed person or one with a mohawk or one who listens to such-and-such kind of music. Man! that is WAY a story for another day...

No comments: