Today, stepping from church ground to Laidlaw rubber, I missed being a poet.
Today, I feel guilty eating good food because I have school work to do.
Today, I thank God for the abundance... for His abundance... for His abundant provisions. He knows I love food.
Today I tried to empty the last ketchup bottle but after too many wheezing splatters I returned to the fuller one.
Today, I learned something new.
Today I had lemon pudding.
Today I kept my word (with a mild struggle).
Today God provided something simple from someone lovely in an unexpected yet SO PERFECT way.
Today, I learned much from the Pastor's sermon.
Today, I was convicted by the word.
Today is a new day.
Today I realize that the world is not really coming to an end.
Today I should know that I need to abide.
Today, I prayed for a friend earnestly.
Today, I had fun with a new friend.
Today I got a telephone message from an [old] friend and smiled at her voice.
Today God is good (tomorrow, too!).
Today I thought of my sister.
Today, I thought about calling my brother.
Today is good... today can be better if I let it.
Today I acted like a sloth.
Today I got a hot date for Friday night (but actually afternoon).
Today I wonder about many things.
Today should be the day....
Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you.
Today I heard something surprizing that made my heart smile. :)
Today, today.
[Editor's note: I feel like this post would be cooler if I added this. If you happen to be curious about any one thing on this list - a who or a why - then ask me and I'll tell you. I'd be interested to see what piqued your curiousity.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Well first, thanks for getting Oasis in my head. Second, why now did you realize that the world isn't coming to an end? Possibly presumptuous, i'll assume that you are referring to something more like the world isn't "going to hell in a handbasket" than Jesus isn't coming back and start a whole new world.
Ah, K-dawg. I'm looking forward to Friday. :)
I realized that all of what I think is horrible - better yet, all of what I am currently allowing to bog me down - doesn't need to if I drop it off at the foot of the cross. I forget about that place and don't go there often enough. I guess I'm re-realizing that God can do the impossible; that He can get me out of the most impossible fixes. Dig it?
hey jessk,
first..i have to say sorry...
cos...the letter i am supposed to send you in january is still sitting on my desk...
second...regarding to your post...
you said you kept your words...what was it??
third.. take care! and i do miss you a lot!!
I'm trying to beat my recent addiction to Starbucks Chai Lattes. So, while on campus today (even sitting in the Daily Grind! - a chill coffee plays that certainly features Starbucks) I actually managed to resist. I thought about it so many times and tried to justify it in so many ways. Then I just had to leave campus b/c the temptation was KILLING me.
i was most curious about your hot date. now i'm guessing it's the vixxen?
i'm also curious about what you learned that was new/from the sermon? (is there overlap there?)
No.. that hot date was with Tricia. (I made the hot date with Katie earlier than this day so ... Katie can know that our date will be hot, too. Woot!)
The new thing: I learned a bit about speaking in tongues and I learned about a friend who can do so. I was jazzed beyond forever about this.
From the sermon I learned one rather concise truth: "The issue is not what we have but whose we are."
I re-learned the value of the cross when the Pastor told us how we are not saved because of what's in our bank account ("Aren't you glad?" he asks). He then pushes the point further: "How much would be enough to buy your salvation?" and I was stunned again. He said that NOTHING we bring, NOTHING we could offer is acceptable to God - except our sin. That was such a fresh way of thinking; I enjoyed it. There's more but I'll stop since comments shouldn't be gargantuous.
lemon pudding?
...the only kind of vegan pudding I have ever heard of.
Post a Comment