Sunday, 8 April 2007

on rape

Should I comply to try to minimize physical pain or should I resist to preserve dignity (or something like it)?

8 comments:

Beth said...

read Clarissa...

No seriously. A tough choice. One I hope I never have to make.

Jesskah said...

I think I'm missing a joke.
Should I mcseriously read that? I'll do it if it's relevant.

Beth said...

it is sort of relevant. not exactly the same, but about a rape dilemma in the 1700's. (back then, rape wasn't just the sexual act, but the abduction as well). it's a gooder, but longer than the Bible and helpful to have discussion. i couldn't have slogged through it without my seminar class.

oh wait, i still haven't finished it...

Silas said...

i'm not sure if you are talking about actual rape or upcoming exams.

Katie V. said...

I"m just going to put it out there. Silas, are you alluding to being 'raped' by exams?

Jesskah said...

I wanna read it. done

Silas: I was definitely referring to literal rape of the sexual kind. I wouldn't like to say this is always on my mind but it is something I'd like to have a firm decision on.

Jelena said...

Jesskah, what do you mean by, "have a firm decision on"?

What is to-be-decided/determined?

Jesskah said...

the question in the post