Saturday, 7 April 2007

what can you do 1000 times without getting better at it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep....

Jesskah said...

mmm I tend to disagree

Katie V. said...

Fart? Autonomous nervous system functions (ie. blinking, digesting food).

Beth said...

i think some of those body functions actually deteriorate the more you do them...so what is the secret answer, jesskah?

Jesskah said...

oh, there is no secret answer. It's not a riddle. ... it's just something I thought of while watching a hockey game. After someone scores, the announcers generally tell you which number that is for them that season or in their career and/or something else ineresting and so I wonder: after you've scored a hundred goals (since no one's made 1000) do you get bored? Like, what about it could possibly be different?

I don't think you can get better at sleep or even those other functions because they seem to be involuntary almost and as for sleep, either you're awake or you aren't. You could get a better sleeping pattern, you could maybe have fewer tortured dreams or NOT wake up with a charlie horse.. but other than that I think it's either a do or do not thing... like Yoda said, I guess.

Beth said...

watch TV. i read an opinion piece in the paper today about how watching TV requires no skills and develops no skills. it said "you can watch TV a thousand times and never be better at anything" - and i thought of this post.