Wednesday, 8 August 2007

Good looking men...

... make me act like a man.

That is, if there's someone around who is absolutely 156% deliciously attractive (to me) then I find myself unabe to stop staring or looking. I find that things that I hear become a little quieter and things in my visual periphery blurr out a little. I focus well.

Something in me thinks I'm getting a very small glimpse into what it's like to be ruled by your penchant for the visuals.

In Inner Space, Tuck Pendleton (Dennis Quaid) rushed out of his apartment after his girlfriend wearing only a bed sheet wrapped around his lower half. My initial thought was, "OK cool, he's chasing her like that because he was very recently naked and didn't have time to get dressed." (Implication being, of course, that they had sex the night before. I'm reading this as plot-driven.) Then I actually caught a glimpse of the upper half of the body... somewhere between the sheet and the neck and I was like, "WHOA. Where was I in the late eighties?" I guess I was too busy learning my shapes and colors.

I actually drown out the most part of their conversation and didn't see much of his face. It's a weird, weird feeling to find yourself so controlled by your eyes. My assumption is that this is just about as close as I will ever get to half understanding what goes on in a man's mind. And at this point I almost (but not quite) understand the actions and words that usually flow from such experiences. My mainest concern happens to be that I may be treading rather deep into hypocrite territory but ...what can you do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jesskah,
I've been reading your blog for sometime. Blog stalking is what it is called, I believe.
Anyway, just thought I'd make my presence known.
I enjoy reading your blog. Your humour is sarcastic but intelligent - and I appreciate that.
Anyhoo, a little while ago Kirsten and I were walking up Eramosa (before it turns into downtown...Wyndham I think) and we saw you but neither of us wanted to yell out your name (since you were far ahead) so we just kept wondering if you'd turn around and see us - but you never did.
Anyway...I liked your honesty in this post. I must admit I was curious as to what you meant by "act like a man" but I get it.
Sweet.
I'll end this mother-long comment now.

Jesskah said...

Hey Creepy Person,

So you're acutally stalking me online AND in person? That's kinda despicable.... P.S. if it's applicable, you should use the word "procrastistalking"... it's a good one.

I am glad you are enjoying the blog and equally glad that you have commented/made your presence known.

A word to the wise: yelling people's names unnecessarily loud in public can be GREAT fun, I promise. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I've generally had bad experiences yelling peoples names out loud in public. Often because it's not quite loud enough, or the person is clearly bad at hearing and then I just look/feel dumb because everyone around me is looking at me, except the person I want to look at me.
Perhaps I need to venture back into that territory again.
And procrastistalking is an unbelievably fantastic word.