Number One: I don't want to ever be stabbed (or even stabbed to death) though I once thought I could handle it.
Number Two: The term "supermarket" really is a compound word.
This morning, my pastor was talking about buying peaches at the market.. and in my head I was like, "No one goes to the market," and I think he thought something similar because he soon corrected himself: "At-at the supermarket..." and I thought whoa...
Super+market... it's a market (like non-corporate vendors bringing crops or crafts from their very homes which is nice but not overly convenient or diverse in most situations, especially to a big-headed big-city-er like me) but it's super. The information superhighway.. supernatural..superscript...superlative... it's like a market but larger..like 20 markets put together with longer hours and colder representatives.... It's like the Farmer's Market got Industrial Revolutionized. Hearing the term in two parts was such a weird and unsettling moment for me. Ha.. it was like when my friend said, "airport" right after, "sea port" and me and another girl in the room were like, "Ahhhhh.."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment