Friday, 28 September 2007

Laws I Have Broken

1) I have definitely photocopied music, many times - music that has written, "All rights reserved. International copyright secured," or something like it on the bottom. Some of my sheets even put a symbol in the top right corner: a little stack of papers with a HUGE eighth note printed on it, inside a circle with a line through it.
2) I have jaywalked (about 1300 thousand times).
3) I have driven illegally (maybe 20 or 25 times).
a. I have run a red light.
4) I have pirated music through downloading or copying from others (though all such recordings have since been trashed).
5) I think I may have violated a noise ordinance (just once).
6) I have bought and smoked weed.
7) I have bought and drank beer before I was 19.
8) I have bought alocohol for someone who was under 19 (that was a one-time deal).
9) I have lied to a court of law, though I wasn't actually IN the courtroom. I guess it's a false testimony or something.
10) I have used online pictures that were protected by copyright.
I can't think of any others...TO BE CONTINUED.

Editor's note: does it count as law-breaking if you turn your head from other people breaking the law? If so, I'm guilty of that for numbers 2, 3, 3.a, 4, 6 (including the growing and selling of weed), 7, 8 (let's add buying cigarettes underage), 9 and 10, well.. probably goes for most people. I've also witnessed some (petty) theft and the sneaking into theatres (in some kind of large-scale, "we have a system" way) but that may be where the list ends... with the exception of watching someone snort coke.

3 comments:

MontrealWhole30 said...

Hey Jess,

How's it going? Interesting post, I'm sure we all have a list of things we've done!
Like the pink! Couldn't get enough of it. Did I tell you, I'm on blogger too... though I don't post often - can never think of things to say.

Anonymous said...

Wow--lied to a court of law. That's like jail time serious.

1-800-CRIME-STOPPERS

Jesskah said...

I aint afraid of you...
p.s. I think being younger than 16 would work in my favor if you DID happen to call the Feds.