(Truly, I do.)
I also feel...maybe ambivalent about my vein drain today.
They had to stop the draining after about three minutes (they had filled the little bag and only STARTED the big one) when the nurse said that my blood was too slow.
Then she said I had started bruising so they stopped. They didn't really tell me what was going on so I decided to be patient. I kinda like the unkowns of the human body. I love things that aren't easy or whatever because I marvel at the human body's ability to heal itself and compensate and all that.
I like that there was a glitch, that there was something wrong with the visit. BUT, I didn't like that I couldn't donate my max amount. (Hence, ambivalence.)
It's a very weird sensation, that sharp pricking on the inside of your arm. I only get that on some visits, usually when the pressurized arm band is too tight and when they need to readjust the needle after it's already in. [I've been denied the last two times I tried to donate. I forgot how painful the insertion of a needle is. Not that it's anything compared to being punched in the face or stubbing a toe but hey - its not painless.] I love it when they readjust the needle. There's no way you don't feel every second and every square nanometre of it. Mmmhmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*shudder*
i hate that needle-under-the-skin feeling. i have it for the last 5 minutes, usually, and i want to rip the bloody (lit.) thing out of my arm. but i never do.
also, i (heart) gordon korman. i think i used to have a crush on him, i loved his books soooo much.
Post a Comment