(As the world turns,)
I'm pretty messed up in the head.
Yesternight after everyone went to bed and our guests had also just parted, it was about 12.15am and I was in the middle of typing some emails.
[Are we allowed to start sentences with brackets? Every now and then I do it and think it makes sense (the idea is conveyed finely) but I wonder if it's proper. I know how to bracket and quote both - like I understand how they're meant to function and why but I want to know WHEN we codified our use of them so I can see how essential or how much of a crutch these things are. Well, maybe just the brackets. Quotation marks GOTTA be good.]
One of them was the kind of email that required me to close my eyes and put my head back a little to really ponder and decide what I wanted to write. Then I realized I had dozed off. I think I was tired. I think I was tired by 10.30pm but didn't notice because my activities had not demanded enough of me - not mentally, anyways.
I finished up all I was doing on the compster and I think it was 12.41 when I was SERIOUS mcSeriously struggling to keep the eye-lids back. I was upset [I was already upset the whole evening, let's be serious, but this had a real stem] that I couldn't stay up longer. I thought I was getting ripped off for the rest of my day. I wanted to go til 2 or 3. Then I realized I had been going since 8 am. That's...kinda a full day. Just not the one I'm used to. It didn't register properly. (This is probably a problem.)
I decided to force it. (Why?)
I went to my room and did a bunch of organizing notes and tasks, etc. - it was pretty calming and distracting because I hardly EVER sit in my room on my bed and do hand/organizey tasks like that these days. I neeed to get back into that. I makes me really happy in a strange way. (I think it reminds me of my younger days.)
I could have gone to bed....at 01h38 when I finished that...but then I saw that Blazing Saddles was coming on at 2am...and I have wanted to see that film since forever for a great list of about four or five reasons. I didn't make it past.... I think 3.15.
I'm not sure whether I should regret it it
nor am I sure what I really mean by this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment