Wednesday, 26 March 2008

six-word life story close reading

the (untapped potential/second chance) King.

-anything that describes my life has got to mention God, if it's not some explicit, "I am a child of God," kind of statement. I wanted to write something more personal than that but I DID want to make sure that the God part got precidence.
So, if we say the brackets enclose something useful but not necessary to the sentence my life is "the King". If I weren't trying to give props, there'd be a capital T on "the".
-the slash wasn't my first choice to separate untapped potential and second chance but I ran out of word space by the time I knew what I wanted to write. now "untapped potential and second chance" sounds weird. I like putting two non-identical things on either side of a slash
-I like 1 (2/2) 1 ..... symmetry...accidental symmetry is my friend.
-the bracketed phrase is my understanding of Grace.
--it's not second, third, fourth, nth chances that I get, it's a second chance every time because Love keeps no record of wrong and I cling to that.
--untapped potential is not, generally speaking, something I see in myself or think about often BUT I know that God's ability to see it is why He issues those second chances.
-the brackets mean that I am the untapped potential and second chance king as well as being fully represented by just the King by Himself.
I suppose I could have written [k]King. second chances, lost opportunities, self-handicapping, self-sabotaging and the partial conviction that I can do better, that there is something better out there for me, that He has a plan, that He knows the plans He has for me...plans to prosper and not to harm - this is what marks my life quite distinctly. I'm the king of it.

No comments: