I am afraid of the Chinese police.
John Mayer is maybe my best/most potent aphrodisiac.
I'm tired of watching body dumps and seeing murderous intent wave across people's faces (it's in a TV prog I'm watching).
"I love you" is powerful.
People are corrupt.
I feel unburdened because I have spoken my mind.
The truth shall set you free.
Vulnerability (received well) is incredibly empowering.
-It's acting without restraint, without weights.
Bad acting is the only thing I know of which bores me.
("Boring" is the lowest rung in my books, below "annoying", "frustrating", "angering", etc.)
I don't like saying this much because I still want the actors to try; I believe they have potential and I don't want to make some mean value judgment.
I wonder what cigars taste like.
"The Queen of England" is bigger than Elizabeth II just like Shakespeare is bigger than William, the man.
I laugh at weird things.
I cover my face when I laugh (often).
I was shut down many times today. It was weird and strangely painful.
Jesus said yesterday that, "He who listens to you, listens to me; he who rejects you, rejects me; he who rejects me rejects him who sent me."
There are a few people who I want to ask to read my blog. (That's such a weird idea to me. I wonder if I'll ever ask.)
I still can't decide if I want to own an i-pod.
I'm always a little bit sad when it turns out I haven't been invited to the wedding of someone I know.
I wonder what the Red Light District looks like but I don't ever, ever want to see it. I wonder how it fits with descriptions I've heard and the bits that've been filled in with my mimagination.
I wonder if I'll ever slap the inside of my elbow to find a vein and then pump it fulla something.
That last sentence reminded me of the summer courses I took after grades 10 and 11; I saw the bus loop at the end of Mill Rd by Burnhamthorpe C.I. How odd. I don't know the connection.
Those were excellent summers. I used to sing to myself on the walk home. I didn't need to walk but I did, to avoid the full upon full buses. The most common tracks were those off *NSYNC's European album...not their debut but I think something between that and Home for Christmas. There was "More Than a Feeling" which is DRASTICALLY different from the Boston version which makes me more chuffed than you can understand; there was "Together Again" and "Riddle", methinks. Yeah, I think that was it, save for "Forever Young" which I wasn't too fond of.
Used to be just "More Than a Feeling" cuz that mother sound good. I like the melody and the chords and I just loved to sing it. I would sing the three in order and it seemed that I was always on "More Than a Feeling" (track 2) when I crossed the Burnhamthorpe Road bridge over the 427. I know this (because Tyler knows this and) because after those summers, I found myself wanting to sing "More Than a Feeling" just because I was crossing a bridge. Some different bridge. I love conditioning/association/Psyc-term-I-don't-know.
[Sometimes I think God's given me a gift to write. I.....don't know what to say about that. It feels like it should sound cocky but if it's true then it's giving God glory. If it's not true then I'm stealing from Him AND puffing myself up. (Bad.) But if it is true and I'm NOT recognizing it then I can expect to be called a wicked, lazy servant who will be thrown out to where there is weeping.]
"Together Again" should have been sung by two people when the second verse repeated itself because the descant part was very nice. Descant parts are..... well, they fascinate me. I can't...fathom them. I can't put them in my head and neither DISSECT them or CREATE them. There is not much else within the realm of (Western) music that I can't dissect or create to a degree which I am presently satisfied with (with the intention of perpetual improvement). So that stuff fascinates me. It's crazy. Only example I got is the "Truly Scrumptious" and "What Do You See?" or whatever the 2e song is called in Chitty Chitty, Bang Bang (1968) but that's not a great example. I guess I'm combining descant with counter-melody OR just two songs that can be overlaid. Yes. Like the verses and chorus of "All in All". I dunno. I love it. I love the mystery. But at the same time I do hope some day to be taught by an expert how descant parts are written.
(I was probably supposed to have learned that from MUSC*1250, Melody and Counterpoint, but that course was a gong-show for me; I'm sorry.)
I had those four tracks on a cassette that some penpal of mine sent me. We did well.
I learned from Ally McBeal how to define gossip. That Georgia character was talking in the bathroom about someone else in the office and at some point looked under the stall to be sure they (or anyone else) weren't (wasn't) there. I donno if she did it after she said her piece, during, or before but I think that's irrelevant. Also I don't remember if she was accused of gossipping or prematurely defended herself ("I don't mean this in a baaad way...") but the person she was talking to said that if it WASN'T gossip, she wouldn't have checked to see if anyone else could hear. The principle I got: if you can't say it to their face or ask them directly, you shouldn't be talking about it or don't have the right to know.
I carry that.
I carry it over to Facebook Wall posts but that's another story altogether.
A billboard outside a church on Islington Ave a few years ago read: "A Bible in the hand is worth two on the bookshelf."
A few years ago. One church. In a city I no longer live in....WOW, do churches know what impact their front signs can have??
Guess, so if they write what they do and change it when they do.
I'm tired of defending gays and gay rights.
(Tired of doing it where I think I shouldn't have to.)
I am tired of the 'gay' discussion.
I don't know what to say anymore.
I didn't realize how liberated I was in my language until last Friday in a conversation with someone whose entire vocabulary in the area consists of "it".
Tomorrow is a big day.
I typed a lot. What does that mean?
[EST]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woo, that was a doozy of a post. I almost didn’t make it through, but I’m glad I did.
Thoughts:
the gift to write comment: I feel the same way: which is worse, laziness or arrogance?
song from Chitty Chitty: The Toot-Sweet Song?
the “gay discussion:” I know you just said you’re tired of it…when you regain your energy, I’d be interested in chatting. I’ve had some thought provoking discussions in the last month. And I watched a docu called “For the Bible Tells Me So” - so I thought about “it” (there are about a bajillion different aspects/issues that get tied into one great big ball of “homosexuality”) a lot for a few weeks.
On the first comment, I dunno. Your...presupposition hangs me. (I wanted to use the word 'harangue' because it's awesome but I froggert what it means.) In a purely abstract sense, laziness is worse - like the lazy wicked servant. At least when you're arrogant enough to produce, other peeps get potential blessing, right? Your attitude my suck and hinder some, but I think there's a decent percent of undamaged goods to be had.
Next. Toot-Sweet...no. I should look up the title.
The Guay Discussion....what you're asking for is not quite the thing I'm tired of so I'm game whenver you are. Propose a date und time and I shall be your telephone/Skypophone friend for discussing of this at length. Word.
Post a Comment