Haven't heard that phrase in a while, especially with that schoolyard lilt. My friend was referring to a left fielder who had just made a good third-out catch and was running toward the dugout. He'd said, "Nice," just because it was a good out and then added this post's title when he recognized the player who apparently happens to look like a hot stack of meat. I've not said ANYTHING remotely related to that idea to my friend but I guess my comments over the past week and a bit that he and I have been MLB-ing together were laced with the thought. It did make me feel like a little bit of a dunce cap, yes.
In other news, I feel REALLY GREAT about just downloading Firefox and Skype to my computer. The thing was recently wiped out and re...done (reformatted, I think, is the proper term for the process) and so now I can make better decisions of what to add to my hard-drive after all the mistakes from before and from noting what progs I actually use.
Adding these guys is a similar process to buying a lamp and bedspread for the room you just moved into, you know? I don't get to go through that process often but the idea sticks with me. I truly only remember doing it three times and they were all GREAT fun with mega pre-planning, and at least one full day of execution. I had themes. This isn't as extensive but the feeling of putting something you know you'll use into a new space is really delightful, I do declare.
I don't feel in a rush to git my own long-term house, like in marriage or whatever, because the process of making it mine/ours will be so much fun that even the anticipation is fun so I can WAIT. I'm gonna hit up iTunes in a moment. Dang. Gotta add Javastuff, too. Oh well.
Something I don't like:
When people lie to me. I don't like when people lie at all but when it's directed at me, well, I find it repulsive. (Where did I get such a low tolerance?)
I don't like when I put together after the fact that someone has been dishonest with me because it's often something of medium or low consequence. Personally, I would love to bring it up but I can't quite explain what I would be aiming for. Like, I'm not going to point it out to elicit an apology and I'm not going to ASK if this person was lying as if I don't know (cos then I'm being dishonest). So why bring it up? I don't think hindsight rebukes are allowable...they maybe step on the toes of grace. Rebukes on habitual stuff are another story but...see, I usually catch people in something singular and so, because it hasn't become an epidemic, I'm assuming they've realized they were wrong and have moved on. They won't do it again. (Who am I even thinking of as I write this?)
I don't know what to do with this, really. But I did just have a flashback of a house on York Place in Edinburgh.... setting out food in the kitchen for the students on Reading Week project in the mornings. What a weird, weird flashback. I don't get the connection but I loved the excursion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment