Saturday, 12 September 2009

email excerpt (6)

You know who is a wonderful verse which I like more for the rhythm (there's an English Lit jargon term I should know that I would use here...learned it in ENGL*1060) than any other verse but definitely also for the content? "Every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows." Yo, I totally forgot that it was the "every good and perfect" until I realized I wanted to start typing in the middle of a sentence. I suppose I still could have but there you are. "who does not change like shifting shadows." (I thought of it because of what you said about how God moves but doesn't change.)
I think this verse perhaps means more to me as someone who likes the dark, loves the moonlight and spends more time as a vampire than a dull boy. ("All work and no play makes Jack...") The amount of times I've watched a candle flicker or made my way through a house in what should be pitch dark except for lil creeps of natural light or the standby from the VCR -- or even reading by flashlight, walking home at 2am...you learn to read things that you don't see in the day time. So.... "shifting shadows" speaks richly. Can't explain it more.

No comments: